THE NEWS FROM OUR BLOG
- Why Is A Tank Called A Tank?
- Feb 24 2014
- On the BBC breakfast news this morning, a 103-year old woman was interviewed about her memory of the Zeppelin attacking Walsall, West Midlands, during World War I. It’s part of the BBC’s World War...
- Working With Non-Standard English
- Feb 18 2014
- Working with translated fiction is a challenge. I’ve recently been working on two different authors’ manuscripts where neither writer had English as their first language. Sten Eirik’s forthco...
- Why Underwear Makes Me Angry
- Feb 10 2014
- I settled down to watch The Three Musketeers on the BBC again last night. I can accept it’s pure fantasy and so the silly clothes and daft mistakes don’t bother me so much. The flip side of the ar...
- Holocaust Memorial Day
- Jan 27 2014
- There is nothing I can say about this topic that has not been addressed, powerfully and knowledgeably, by Tom Jackson in History Today and I would urge you to read his article, and pause for a moment....
- They Walked Into Darkness
A poignant tale of the wild west, and the hardships faced on the 'trail of tears' by the suffering Cherokee.
- FOLLOW US!